Three Northwestern Medicine® hospitals have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report in its 2015-2016 ranking of America’s Best Hospitals. For the fourth consecutive year, Northwestern Memorial Hospital has been named to the prestigious Best Hospitals Honor Roll, ranking 11th in the nation and 1st in Illinois and 1st in Chicago Metro Region.
Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital was ranked 6th in both Illinois and the Chicago Metro Region and Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital was ranked 19th in Illinois and 16th in the Chicago Metro Region.
“We strive for excellence in all that we do and these rankings reflect our drive as a growing health system to be among the best in the nation,” said Dean M. Harrison, Northwestern Memorial HealthCare’s president and CEO. “We applaud the talented physicians, nurses and staff who have earned this recognition. Their exceptional efforts to provide the very best in high quality patient care while supporting our mission to always put our Patients First.”
The Best Hospitals Honor Roll highlights 15 hospitals out of nearly 5,000 nationwide for their expertise in treating the most challenging patients in at least six medical specialties. Northwestern Memorial was nationally ranked in 13 out of 16 specialties – with top 10 recognition in six specialties – including:
- For the third consecutive year, Northwestern Memorial bas been recognized as a top 10 program for Endocrinology & Diabetes ranking 7th in the nation.
- Northwestern Memorial’s urology program was ranked 8th in the country, climbing one spot from the 2014-2015 U.S. News rankings.
- Northwestern Memorial was ranked as the 9th best Cardiology & Heart Surgery program in the country and entered the top 10 for the first time.
- Northwestern Memorial was ranked 9th nationally for Orthopaedics, representing the breadth of musculoskeletal care across the Northwestern Medicine.
- Northwestern Memorial was ranked 10th in the country for Neurology & Neurosurgery program, making it once again the highest ranked neuro program in Illinois and Chicago for the 9th consecutive year.
In addition, the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC) has once again been named the No. 1 Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation hospital in the country, for the 25th year in a row. The global leader in rehabilitation, RIC has been ranked No. 1 longer than any other specialty hospital in the nation.
Also as announced last month by U.S. News, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago ranks No. 11 among only 12 children’s hospitals nationwide to qualify for the Honor Roll. Children’s hospitals that made the Honor Roll were awarded this distinction because they scored high in at least three specialties — Lurie Children’s has four specialties in the top 10: gastroenterology (5), neonatology (7), neurology (8) and urology (9).
Read the full details of Northwestern Medicine’s 2015 rankings in America’s Best Hospitals.
Members of the media, please contact Megan McCann via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (312) 926-5900 for more information about this story.